527 Chapel St New Haven, CT - Wooster Square
The rear upper floor tenant/s at 527 Chapel St. insist on leaving the cover of their Dumpster open at all times so that they can toss their garbage from the second or third floor rear balconies.
The problems with this are:
1. Squirrels are in there every day removing food and dropping it on the ground and on the grounds of neighboring buildings. As a long standing practice, it eventually will attract rats as well.
2. It has now become a fairly regular morning stop for a couple seagulls.
3. The tosser/s miss - often - so the garbage hits the ground. Several months ago, a bag of garbage missed, lodging itself behind the Dumpster for weeks until a worker at the building removed it.
4. Heavy hard things make a startling noise when they hit the metal Dumpster after being thrown from high on the balcony.
5. In the summer the Dumpster's smell with the cover open can be horrendous.
If 527 Chapel tenant/s doesn't stop doing this I am going to formally and very persistently complain to LCI. What kind of person is incapable of taking out the garbage and willing to subject neighbors to this? Everyone else in this neighborhood takes their garbage out.
There are rats in the garbage pails a mere five or six blocks away on the New Haven Green. We don't need them in Wooster Square. Please stop this asap.
This is otherwise a really good building with local landlords with long ties to the neighborhood. I highly doubt they would be thrilled to learn they have tenant/s doing this.
3 VotesFix it! Voted!315 Greene Street New Haven, CT - Wooster Square
This is going to be a huge and smelly problem unless it can be picked up today.
It will blow over, and cause that corner
of the park to be polluted. URGENT!
Please remove ASAP
4 VotesFix it! Voted!