If you can't take criticism, you can shut your ears. J-O-K-E
I almost forgot about the time I came downtown on a Friday night to find 3 Dattco buses parked end-to-end completely blocking the crosswalk. As Quinnipiac girls came out of the buses, NHPD were far more concerned about directing them safely across the green. Forget about the RESIDENTS trying to cross 3-lane Temple Street with no crosswalk.
This town is a JOKE
Really? This is the problem for pedestrians. It's not what happens DAILY?? (i.e. cars IGNORING the crosswalk). Gimme a break.
It doesn't matter about cars parked in the left lane on Sundays. It happens every single g'dam day!
Here's a good one:
1. Bus driver stops to pick me up. I honestly don't remember if he kneeled or not. (That's not my point).
2. I proceed to load my bike properly and LOCK it, just to be cautious. I had previously witnessed 2 teens make off with a passenger's bike as the bus came to a stop. So, I didn't want to take any chances.
3. Bus driver beeps and signals (I finish locking).
4. i get on and he asks "what did you do that for?"
5. I excitedly tell him about the incident I witnessed and tell him "don't be offended, but it's not your job to keep my bike safe. I don't even know you."
6. He tells me to calm down. I do.
Burwell? Is that you? lol.
I agree prostitution and drug-dealing are rampant in our part of town. It almost seems like NHPD sanctions crime in certain areas. However, I don't think traffic-calming is mutually exclusive from drug-related crime mitigation. These are so-called quality-of-life issues that ALL need to be addressed in our little neglected gem of a neighborhood.