Huge pile of TATTOO NEEDLES on left side of lower entrance to Peralta park, behind redwood trees before reaching the old bathroom/building structure. They have been there several weeks. Dangerous!!
The City of Oakland Public Works Department has received this issue. It is registered as service request #577630. Please check back for status updates, or contact us directly at 510-615-5566.
The City of Oakland Public Works Department has referred this issue to FIRE (GRIFFIN, LEROY). Please contact that department to follow-up (see "Other Helpful Links" at http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/PWA/Connect/ReportaProblem/index.htm#Links).
Here are some important City of Oakland contact points:
* Abandoned Autos: 510-777-8622 (abandoned vehicles on public street after 3 days)
* Animal Control: 510-535-5602 (live animals) or 510-535-4888 (dead animals)
* Code Enforcement: 510-238-3381 (blighted private properties, deteriorated buildings, inoperable vehicles on private property)
* Drug Hotline: 510-238-3784 (tips) or 510-777-3211 (in progress)
* Parking Citations: 800-500-6484 (parking citation assistance center, pay or appeal a citation) or 510-238-3099 (enforcement)
* Prostitution Hotline: 510-238-2373 (tips) or 510-777-3211 (in progress)
Can't hold back any longer. This is a city park, why can't you take care of it. The Hacienda is cared for but once you drop down to the creek it's a dumping ground, a danger and disgrace! There should be cameras through this area so you can catch those that are dumping and dealing. The city could pay for the cameras after just a few arrests and fines. What a concept. It has to be cheaper than constantly paying to go out ad pick up the trash from both the park AND the street. Many years ago I paid someone to dump my trash. Found in the Oakland hills and knocking on my door immediately. Would have been fined but I had a receipt showing I paid and they went after the person that dumped it. That's what a camera could do for this area. GET IT TOGETHER so we can stop bringing this to you attention and FIX OUR POT HOLES. What has always been a nice family area is going down hill because we are the in between and no one thinks of us. Disgrace!!!!!!! 40 years here, Paid enough taxes to do it all myself!!!!!!!!