SeeClickFix Job Openings
Join a growing startup team that is connecting 100,000's of citizens to each other and their government world wide. Our data feeds are distributed by hundreds of media partners who use the data to inform readers and hold their government accountable. SeeClickFix is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Come join us in remaking the user interface to government. Power to the community!
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we are offering right now:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity - Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
- Each engineer gets the latest gear to help them excel at their job
- Conferences - Continue your learning at conferences and we will pick up the tab
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid time off
Sales, Marketing, and Administrative
Partner Development Representative
Hello my name is Ben,
I am founder and CEO at SCF and I’m excited to introduce you to a role that is scaling quickly here in the New Haven office.
At SeeClickFix we reduce the complexity of local citizen and government communication down to clicks on a map.
Those clicks could represent a pothole, a blighted property or a parking ban notice from City Hall. They always represent trust, accountability and engagement.
In my 7 years at SCF I have watched our community grow from one of neighborhood advocates to one of governments and citizens working together to improve their hometowns. Bringing governments to the table is an elegant task which happens in many ways.
Citizens calling on City Hall to participate and progressive City Hall leaders seeking out SCF rank top among the ways that we have found partners via the magic of the Internet. Recently we have also started to work more traditional methods of partner acquisition into our quiver. I want to personally invite you to join us in this process as a Partner Development Representative at SeeClickFix.
Learning to cold call strangers was an important part of my professional development. At SeeClickFix I have made cold calls that have led to long term relationships with cities that have a tangible and lasting effect on communities.
I can’t tell you that I don’t still get a faint butterfly before calling on someone I don’t know yet. I can tell you that if you possess the right skills our awesome team in partnerships at SCF can teach you how to succeed beyond your fears.
- Ability to learn and adjust quickly
- Ability to rinse and repeat upon success or failure
- In possession of a ton of energy and a super positive attitude. Think altruistic Magneto.
- Passionate about what we’re doing at SCF (Ask Larry, SDR #1 how he found out about SCF and you’ll understand what we mean by passion)
- A willingness to jump when you’re scared to jump. We only jump off bridges in wing-suits, and with cushy landings below. We promise(ish). Follow us off the bridge.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Reach out to target prospects and clients by the ultimate trifecta of phone, email and social networking
- Learn the basics around prospect requirements gathering – you’ll get real comfortable making a minimum of 20 calls per day to a medley of different folks
- Execute creative outreach campaigns - developing themes, identifying compelling calls-to-action, writing some sweet copy, developing email templates, managing list development, tracking results, and directing follow-up actions.
- Present qualified opportunities to our awesome, hard-working client and field sales execs
- Maintain a solid understanding of our software solutions and industry trends
- Work closely with the sales team on all fun projects that relate to revenue growth
Finally, your role will be evaluated based on the number of qualified leads generated and approved by sales on a weekly basis (like a goal being 8 per month).
Us — We are a passionate and nimble civic tech company that has built the largest public citizen network
in the world. Our tools help hundreds of thousands of citizens throughout the US to connect with local
governments — fixing neighborhood problems and uniting communities.
You — You are a quantitative thinker, quick learner, and creative problem solver. You enjoy taking on
tough challenges, learning new skills and thinking outside of the box. You are excited to work on a
cross-functional team that will give you exposure to many opportunities throughout the company.
Role — Dive into our data to discover growth opportunities. Then, use those insights to deploy campaigns
that will drive growth throughout the customer lifecycle. To do this, you will collaborate with sales,
marketing, product, engineering and support. You will learn a lot about what it takes to fuel a modern SaaS
company and you will get to work with a lot of great people. Did we mention coffee, beer, and ping pong?
Here are a few of the things that you will work on:
- Funnel analysis and optimization: AARRR!
- Data systems: making sure that data is flowing to the right places within the organization
- A/B testing content, landing pages, pricing models, product features
- Measure the success of marketing campaigns from acquisition to renewal
- Diving into user behaviors to question the knowns and discover the unknowns
- Measure key business metrics and embrace acronyms: CAC, LTV, MAU, ARR
- Understand our product roadmap and translate it into impactful analytics projects
- Initiate and deliver actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- Understand how to improve the critical period of initial use of SeeClickFix products
- Communicate research to the greater SeeClickFix team in effective ways
You are familiar with a few of these and are excited to learn them all:
- Ad platforms like AdWords, AdRoll, etc
- Analytics tools: Google Analytics, Intercom, etc
- Marketing and Sales: HubSpot, Salesforce, WordPress
- Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- SQL (particularly MySQL & PostgreSQL)
- BI tools like looker, gooddata
You’ve have a history of success, in education and work
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 2-3 years experience in relevant pursuits
The types of questions you will answer
- What demographic and geographic factors best predict customer success?
- How do people hear about SCF?
- What are customers researching when they are thinking of purchasing SCF?
- How much can we pay per qualified lead by channel
- What is the daily flow of a typical SeeClickFix user?
- Which features are used most?
- How can we get feature X used more?
- During onboarding, where are users getting lost?
- What questions should we be asking?
UX / Product Designer
The UX/PD role helps shape the experience of both our citizen and government users
across all our products. You will develop new features and refine existing ones
continually working to make SeeClickFix more intuitive. You will help steward our design
process; from engaging clients in research, to translating requirements into simple,
- Understand and analyze the job the user is trying to do, design a solution, document functionality, and see it through from beginning to end
- Talk with existing users to determine the desirability of new features and product improvements
- Sketch and prototype concepts related to use needs while working alongside our Engineering team to determine the feasibility of the ideas
- Develop content strategies and informational hierarchy to enhance overall user-experience and usability
- Work hand in hand with engineers through the sprint process to build and ship features
Who You Are
- A designer of experiences across any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- Passionate about the role thoughtful content plays in user-experience
- Able to clearly articulate principles of good usability and intuitive software
- Able to refine ideas into realistic deliverables
- Able to prototype using wireframes, sketches, or interactive mockups
- Able to use engagement metrics to plan, implement, and measure design decisions
- Collaborative and enjoy working across multiple teams
- An excellent communicator
Experience with the Following is a Plus
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- Agile Methodologies
- Copywriting for software
- JIRA or other Agile software
- Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Prototyping software such as Invision, UXPin, Keynote or similar
SeeClickFix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.