Issues: bike concern
82 VotesFix it! Voted!157 Church St New Haven, CT 06510, USA
This is a thread to discuss issues related to the ongoing problem of violence in some areas of New Haven and surrounding towns. Please vote here if you want to see this problem addressed and if you agree:
1. Every citizen has the right to freedom from fear: a safe neighborhood and a safe house.
2. No child living in New Haven or anywhere else nearby should have to hear gunshots every week in their neighborhood (I currently do!).
3. A friend recently said "it is easier to get a gun than a quart of milk in my neighborhood." This is obviously not an acceptable situation.
4. A comprehensive community strategy is needed to stop the violence. Elected representatives should be able to explain exactly what they are doing to support the community's strategy.
5. The constant outdoor gunfire at the police training range is not acceptable. People living in Newhallville and Beaver Hills hear constant gunfire from this range and it sends the wrong message.
Please post ideas for community organizing to stop the message, links to relevant pages, etc -- and send the message to everyone that enough is enough!
5 VotesFix it! Voted!Scudders Mill Rd Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
When these 2-3 trees have leaves, they block the view of pedestrians and cyclists for drivers on the US-1 North onramp. The drivers are often going 50+ mph and won't have enough warning if a pedestrian starts to cross at the wrong time.
These trees should be removed or at least have the road-side branches severely pruned to maximize visibility.
NB: This area gets a fair amount of pedestrian and cyclist traffic as the primary pedestrian/bike connection between Princeton proper and the Princeton Forrestal campus (and Plainsboro).
6 VotesFix it! Voted!Bienville Dr Nashville, TN
We live in the condos right off Nolensville Rd, on Bienville Dr. Numerous times, while pulling out of our parking lot and onto Bienville, we have nearly gotten hit by cars that speed up and down Bienville. There are no stop signs on Bienville until you dead end into Sunnywood Dr (almost a quarter of a mile and all downhill). Many cars choose to avoid the school zone on Nolensville by speeding down Bienville and taking Sunnywood. I used to jog and bike ride on our street but I cannot anymore because I've almost been run over three times while crossing Bienville. It is terrifying to see people fly up and down our street and we really need a speed bump somewhere on Beinville. Please.
2 VotesFix it! Voted!West Hart Rd. Saginaw, MI
This road always gets neglected. We get a shovel of asphalt here and there or once in a while we get tar & stones. It needs much more than than that....we have had to have our car repaired twice in recent times because we have to drive on this road. It seems a trail for walkers and bikes is more important than a road that the residents have to travel on to get to and from home....why is that?
10 VotesFix it! Voted!
4 VotesFix it! Voted!303 D St Se Washington, DC 20003, USA
Jamis hybrid bike. The bike is half white & black,
Have water bottle holder but top cover is broken in half.
The gears on the right handle bar top cover that had numbers that displays the gear number broke off.
My bike was stolen at 11:45a, june 19th, from the backyard of the dog owner's house that I walk everyday.
- Acknowledged by: Washington, DC (DC 311)
55 Audubon St. new haven, Ct
racks should be installed right by the entrance. multiple bikes currently locked to railing areas
- Acknowledged by: City of New Haven
4133 Saddle Ln West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322, USA
Speeding sub resident will not slow down. Many kids and adults use the street to ride bikes and walk because there are no sidewalks. This dude is going to kill someone. I hope this isn't what it takes for him to slow down! PLEASE mister slow down!!
7 VotesFix it! Voted!