Issues: bike concern
5 VotesFix it! Voted!
447 Poplar St New Haven, CT
Loud Noise, Car Shop in Backyards, Youth Partying, Youth having drugs and Alcohol, lots of youth in bikes in middle of street while cars pass, youth intimidating people while walking by following them in groups, youth being violent towards neighbors, youth in bikes and walking have hit civilians to steal there money or just for fun.
Elm And State St New Haven, CT
I was traveling on Elm in the right-most lane. A police cruiser was traveling behind me. I was keeping pace with traffic, and we were pulling up to a red light at State Street. When the officer started honking I pulled over. He proceeded to berate me about blocking him from an emergency call. He didn't have his light on, and he waited at the light until it turned green. He told me he could wait for me, since I was moving at "five miles and hour."
I was respectful, but firm. I explained that I would have moved if he had his lights on, just like any other vehicular operator.
I deal with a great deal of driver harassment as I bike through New Haven. It's appalling to receive that kind of treatment from a NHPD officer.
62 Harrison St New Haven, CT
The route from Alden Ave to the Mitchell Library is a bit flawed. Harrison St has very low traffic in the opposite direction, and cyclists can either go against traffic in the street, or take the sidewalk (both which are illegal, unless you walk your bike). The other way to go would be to use Phillip St, and then go up the hill towards the library.
Why not install a contra-flow bike lane to accommodate cyclist traffic?
157 Church St New Haven, CT 06510, USA
This is a thread to discuss issues related to the ongoing problem of violence in some areas of New Haven and surrounding towns. Please vote here if you want to see this problem addressed and if you agree:
1. Every citizen has the right to freedom from fear: a safe neighborhood and a safe house.
2. No child living in New Haven or anywhere else nearby should have to hear gunshots every week in their neighborhood (I currently do!).
3. A friend recently said "it is easier to get a gun than a quart of milk in my neighborhood." This is obviously not an acceptable situation.
4. A comprehensive community strategy is needed to stop the violence. Elected representatives should be able to explain exactly what they are doing to support the community's strategy.
5. The constant outdoor gunfire at the police training range is not acceptable. People living in Newhallville and Beaver Hills hear constant gunfire from this range and it sends the wrong message.
Please post ideas for community organizing to stop the message, links to relevant pages, etc -- and send the message to everyone that enough is enough!
Whitney Ave 266-298 New Haven, Connecticut
please restripe this awful road.
Whitney Ave And Cliff St New Haven, CT
Getting from Edgerton Park to East Rock Park on a bicycle is harrowing experience. I recommend a new signalized crosswalk at Cliff St combined with a short two-way cycle track between Cliff St and Burns St. Closing this gap will make Edgerton Park more accessible to East Rock, Cedar Hill, and Fair Haven and it will make East Rock Park more accessible to residents of the Newhallville and Edgehill neighborhoods.