2513 Blanding Ave Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Many cars speed on Blanding Ave. between the stop sign at Broadway and the traffic light at Park. Also, There are no red painted curbs. Cars and, more critically, trucks park right on the corners blocking stop signs and visibility. It is difficult to cross the street on foot or car.
There needs to be:
1. A speed limit sign on both sides of the street WITH enforcement.
2. Stop signs on Blanding Ave. at the corner of Everett Street OR at least a painted cross-walk.
3. Speed bumps installed along this stretch.
This is a much used corridor and drivers are given no information about:
1. The speed limit.
2. The fact that this is a mixed use business/residential area.
3. There is a Community Art Center located at the corner of Blanding and Everett with people coming and going all day. There are children's day camps and classes.